Thursday, August 4, 2011

Speed Scraps

I've participated in three speed scraps this week.  I love speed scrappin'. The first was the Iron Scrapper speed scrap on Tuesday, which I blogged about on Wednesday.  Wednesday night was the regular weekly Scrap Orchard Make It Snappy.  I made this page:
Little Bits of Yesterday
Kits used: Never Stop Believing by CV and Sweet Tweets by Tracie Stroud
Doodled border from Cup o Joe by MLE Card
Font: Uncle Typewriter & English
I didn't get to chat much as I had to go back half-way through and change the kit I was using.  The first kit I had picked didn't have any glitter or paint splats.  And it didn't have any doodled elements.  But when we got to a step to add two frames and the kit only had one frame, and that frame didn't work with my photos, then I gave up. In the end I mostly combined two kits for this layout. I made that little bit of title word art myself.  Neat, huh?

Today I was home sick and as I was downloading a Stuff to Scrap Blog Train, I noticed that they were advertising a speed scrap and the participation prize was a nifty free kit. So I signed up for the their forum and participated. It looks like a nice site; I think I'll hang around there.  Since it was my first time there I used the parts of the Stuff to Scrap Painted Desert blog train that I had downloaded. It was a fun speed scrap; the instructions were very specific–down to the size of the cropped paper.  I really like my final page. Here it is:
Dale Ball Trail
Papers, string, and eyelet from Painted Desert by Adriana's Cafe
Paper, tag and cactus sticker from Painted Desert by Love to Learn (Purplebokeh Designs)
Button from Painted Desert by Scrappin' Serenity
3D flower and bow Painted Desert by Hannah (ScrapTeam2008)
Stitching from Tweet Tweet by Captivated Visions
Fonts: My Own Topher and VKPortable Remington
Journaling reads:
June 17, 2011
We were running errands in Albuquerque today. Blue had his final eye check-up following the scratched cornea disaster so he was with us.  Richard was determined to make it back to Santa Fe in time to see the SRAM dealers who were going to be out at Dale Ball Trail. While Richard looked at bikes, Blue and I tried to take a short hike.  I say "tried" because he was really reluctant to leave his dad in the parking lot. We got up the trail a little ways, but when I detoured off the trail to look at the view he insisted on going back down when he got back to the trail. So we did.  And wouldn't you know, we met up with Richard.  Who just biked away from us.  Blue was appalled and quite willing to run back up the trail (and it was up) but made go back down with me. 


P.S. The Stuff to Scrap Painted Desert Blog Train is available until August 14th and starts here:
Scrappin' Serenity. Look for posts dated on August 1 or July 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment