Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Iron Scrapper-Week Four

Well, this is the final week of Iron Scrapper. Soon we'll find out who wins the Ipad. The fresh fruit challenge for this week was a numbers challenge.  I thought it was quite challenging–you were required to use 10, 7, 6, 4, 3, and 2 things. And that's all you could used outside of journaling, title/word art.   I used 7 papers, 2 photos, 6 leaves, 3 staples, 4 flowers and 10 buttons. Here is my layout. It features my poor older brother, not yet 3 years old, hard at work. 

Working Hard
Kit used: Imagination by Designs by Kat
Individual elements:
1 staple from When You Smile by Captivated Visions
2 flowers from Chit Chat and Chocolate by AnnaBV Designs
Font: VTPortable Remington
The main challenge required the use of 3 birds.  And as soon as I read the challenge description, I got the weirdest scrapper's block. I couldn't think of anything besides "Surfin' Bird" so I finally gave up and went with it:
Surfin' Bird
Iron Scrapper Week 4 Grab bag
There was also an Iron Scrapper Make It Snappy this week.  It was a killer.  I had to go back in the middle and replace all my paper strips with more "mat-like" and less "strip-like" papers.  So now I'll hate this layout forever.  (And it's such a great photo.  I'm actually holding gum!)
Dum Dum Give Me Some Gum Gum
When You Smile Bundle by Captivated Visions

No comments:

Post a Comment