Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scrappin' My Husband's Everyday Life

The header of this blog reads "I scrap my everyday life in the hopes that future generations will be both interested and amazed." Well, that's not entirely true; I'm actually scrapping the everyday lives of my husband and myself. My husband is wonderfully supportive of my scrapbooking, because I've convinced him that it is "our" scrapbooking as I am preserving "our" memories. I often get his input and sometimes even his journaling on a layout.

For example, I made a layout for a Log Your Memory challenge earlier this year titled "7 things I love right now". (And I've just noted that this is mistakenly dated 2003 instead of 2011. And this layout is already printed and in the scrapbooks! I tell you, I live in time warp and never know what year it is.)
7 Things I Love Right Now
(click image for larger)
7 Things template from Simple Scrapper.
Papers from Moment by Red Ivy Designs
.
In order to make the other half of this layout, I enlisted the help of my husband. I asked him for a list of
7 things that he loved right now. He provided a list of 7 "likes" and a short paragraph about each. Now, I happened to have photos in my library for 3 of his "likes" but I had to go around the house with a camera for the remainder. Now I have photos of his favorite things from this point in our lives.  Here is my husband's likes. I flipped the layout so that it would look better as a two-page spread and changed the pink stamps to a more manly brown. I also changed the title (which came with the template) to reflect my husband's strong feelings about like vs love. 
7 Things I Like Right Now
(click image for larger version)
7 Things template from Simple Scrapper.
Papers from Moment by Red Ivy Designs
.
Sometimes I need to record memories in our scrapbook that I wasn't a part of. For example, in 2009 my husband and our 11 month old puppy went on an incredible hike. It was more than 20 hours and they really had an adventure. Who wants to forget that? Now he did take a camera, so when I sat down to make these pages I got lots of his input. Which were his favorite photos? Did he want to caption any? And he provided a long paragraph of journaling. Here are the layouts:
To Truchas Peak or Bust(click image for larger version)
Template: LYM Forum Freebie
A Year in Progress by Denise Zavagno, ScrapDZines
Fonts: My Own Topher & Chalkboard

To Truchas Peak or Bust-continued
(click image for larger version)
A Year in Progress by Denise Zavagno, ScrapDZines
Font: Chalkboard





No comments:

Post a Comment