Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make it Snappy at Scrap Orchard

I love speed scraps. I made a double layout during my last speed scrap. It is another Balloon Fiesta layout. I love the photo of the two bees "kissing" so I wanted it to be nice and big. One of the most awesome things about the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is all of the special shape balloons. I love to see them in the sky. I would have titled this layout "Special Shapes" but I had to use an alpha for the title and I hate making long titles out of alphas!
Shapes
Groovy Kinda Love by Designs by Kat;
Alpha from Snowy Day by Lyndsay Riches
The scrap instructions were nice and simple this week, which is probably why I had time to make the double layout. I have tried to make a double layout before this for a Make it Snappy and had to give up and post a 12 x 12 in the gallery in order to make the deadline.

1. Choose 2 papers and make them your background.
2. Choose how many photos you want and frame or mat them.
3. Add some stitches.
4. Add some paint or glitter splatter or a scatter/spill of some sort behind your photos.
5. Add 2 of the following: flowers, stars, hearts, circles.
6. Add a title with an alpha.
7. Finish with shadowing, adding whatever it needs, journaling, date, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment