Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crazy about Speed Scraps

I love speed scraps.  This week I've been speed scrappin' like crazy.  Wednesday is the weekly speed scrap night at ScrapOrchard.  I made this layout.  I'm sure I will re-title it, extend it to two pages and place it in a scrapbook.
October 4, 2010
Mad Scientist: The Sequel by Suzy Q Scraps
Flower from Captivated Visions, It about us.
Font: Georgia
Wednesday was also the first "chat, non-chat" at GingerScraps-it was essentially a 24 hour speed scrap, which for me meant that I had the part of the evening that I wasn't scrapping the above layout to get it done.  A very nice template and theme was provided.  This is my layout.  I used a kit by Ju Kneip Designs and Sahlin Studio that I love.
I Scrap because
Practically Perfect Collab by Ju Kneipp Designs and Sahlin Studio
Font: English and Lucida Sans
On Thursday there was a speed scrap and chat at Funky Playground Designs. This is layout I made on that evening.  There was a requirement to use a two word title using a font and an alpha.  I rarely mix fonts and alphas in my titles, but I always like the results when I do.  Perhaps I should do that more often. That's why I like speed scraps, they lead me down paths that I would never take on my own.
Fireworks  Fun
Passionflower (collab) by Brine Design and Danielle Young Designs
Alpha from Joy by Vicki Stegall
Fonts: Twelve Ton Sushi and VT Portable Remington
On Friday we spent the entire day running errands in two different cities.  Exhausting.  I missed a speed scrap at GingerScraps while we were out and about, but it wasn't due until mid-morning today, so this is what I came up with last night.
Goofing Off
Kits used: 
Papers and Elements from Old Tyme Junque by Cari Cruise
Elements from Feline Splendor Kit by Creative Victorian Designs
Individual elements:
Button from Perfect in Every Way by Pixels by Jen
Button from Something to Crow About by Pixels by Jen
Button from In the Woods by Collie's Corner
Button from Cup'o Joe by MLE Card
This one I will definitely re-title as the layout is supposed to be about the first photos taken with my Iphone.  I had to change my title when I got to step 6 of the speed scrap instructions.  You would think that I would have read all the instructions before beginning since I started after the chat!  I normally stick to one kit when I speed scrap in the sole interest of saving time but this scrap called for 5 buttons and the kit I picked had none!  So I had to search my stash for buttons and I found the Feline Splendor Kit which had elements that worked really well with the Old Tyme Junque kit that I had originally started with.

This layout probably needs some journaling about how I ended up buying new phone.  I always let my speed scraps sit for a day or two (or several in the case of this week since I've been speed scrappin' every day since Wednesday!) and then alter them slightly, often turning them into two page layouts to go in my album.  I have a lot of scrappin' work ahead of me-it is a good thing that is the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment