Friday, July 15, 2011

I love Captivated Visions

I was going to start a general post about layouts I've done recently when I realized that they all had two things in common, each was done for a challenge at ScrapOrchard (a place I love) and each was done with a kit by Captivated Visions. I love Captivated Visions, she is one of my favorite designers.  It may be because she appears to love purple and green as much as I do.  And glitter and paint splats.  She often makes coordinated "overlays" to go with her kits.  The most recent kit that I have purchased from her is called "Ianthine". Here is what the "overlays" look like, I used two in the Air Conditioning layout and one in the City Different layout. The overlays are always gorgeous and save time.
Ianthine Overlays by Captivated Visions

This first layout was made for a June challenge at ScrapOrchard. It's my wonderful rat terrier, Oliver Louis.  This is one of my favorite recent pages.  I used a collab between Captivated Visions and Tracie Stroud Designs. I love this page.
Ollie
Here and Now full kit by Captivated Visions and Tracie Stroud Designs
and Here and Now Finishing Touches by 
Captivated Visions and Tracie Stroud Designs
The next two layouts were made for the Iron Scrapper challenge currently going on at ScrapOrchard. The Iron Scrapper winner is going to win an iPad, how awesome is that?  This layout was made for a challenge about summer plans.  We are getting a new furnace and air conditioner this summer. I am so excited, I scrapped about it.
Air Conditioning
Ianthine bundle by Captivated Visions
This is kind of grungy, and outside of my usual style, but I loved that torn, spray-painted cardboard background. I couldn't wait to use it. And this is the advantage of digital, I can have this printed on archival paper!

This next layout I made today for an Iron Scrapper speed scrap.  We were limited to an odd number of leaves and one focus element and some ribbon.  But that's why I love speed scraps, I'm forced to do things that I normally wouldn't.  This is a picture of a 1941 Dodge pickup that is on display in downtown Santa Fe, the City Different.
City Different
Ianthine bundle by Captivated Visions
Journaling reads:  One the things that I love about Sante Fe is that art is everywhere. We found this truck with flowers in its bed at the Sanbusco today. I’d nvever seen it before. It is a 1941 Dodge half-ton pickup of the type that was used for lumber deliveries by Sanbusco in the 40’s. It also the type of truck that was used to deliver supplies to the then secret city of Los Alamos. Oohh. –July 1, 2011

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with either Captivated Visions or ScrapOrchard other than as a customer. I just really love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment